Monday 28 October 2013

Gaga goes goo-goo again!

Was really worried last night.

Was it the impending 'hurricane' that was due to 'decimate' the entire southern half of the UK overnight?

No, it was whist watching the XFactor I had to run upstairs and check my prize 1970s Barbie was still sitting on a shelf in my office as I could have sworn I saw her running around on the XFactor stage in Bridget Jones-style  knickers and an M&S bra.

And then on second look I realised it was dear old Lady Gaga.



Cringe-worthy didn't even begin to describe the spectacle that took place.  From sitting on a chair, strumming a guitar she then leapt forth, shouting something about Venus, whilst fully revealing her lack of clothing and some odd shells hanging precariously from each bra cup which eventually fell off.

To be honest, I can't remember much about the music and I think that's because, where Gaga is concerned, we're not really supposed to - her image and desire to shock are what's most important to her.

Yet I didn't feel shocked, just deeply uncomfortable at the seediness of it all.  From jumping about in her underwear and Barbie wig, she then proceeded to rip off said wig to reveal a mess of dark brown hair and got down on all fours whilst singing a different song proclaiming 'Do what you want with my body' with a manic look in her eyes.

I don't know a lot about Gaga but something tells me there's a tortured soul desperate for attention in each one of her performances which I find kind of sad and certainly not entertaining.

And funnily enough, during the ad break,they just happened to advertise her new song, 'Do what you want with my body', and it sounded so much better without the distraction of seeing her deranged and off-putting performance.  In fact so much so that it sounded practically indistinguishable from the shouty weirdness we'd just been party to on the XFactor.

Perhaps she should go back to meat dresses instead #justsaying!


No comments:

Post a Comment